Creative Kids: Tips and Tricks For Fun Activities To Do With Them
What Are The Best Ways To Raise Creative Kids?When Sofia started to walk and talk, I started to figure out methods to encourage her to use creativity. I searched many worksheets, tutorials, how-to guides, etc., to keep her engaged in different activities. However, I realized that playing is actually the best way to raise creative kids. If I talk about my childhood, I used to play with my friends just for fun. I did not know playing can help in a child’s development, as not only do they get creative, but they also learn several skills. So, I do many things to provide the best environment for my little one so she can play without any trouble and use her creativity. Here are the things that you need to support your child’s creativity.
5 Tips and Tricks to Raise Creative Kids
1. Designate a SpaceDesignating a space for your kids where they can play and have fun is crucial. This doesn’t mean that you have to arrange a large play area. You can simply offer them a box of some clothes for playing dress-up or a small corner with lots of LEGOs. When your child has their own playing space, they feel more confident and use their skills. This fosters creativity, as kids can continue playing new games without getting disturbed.
2. Let Them PaintUnstructured playing helps children to learn some important life skills. When you help them to paint inside the borders, you are indirectly taking their project and making it yours. Parents think that they are teaching and helping their kids, but they are wrong. You need to understand that the goal of painting is not to create a perfect picture, but to enjoy the process of painting. The goal is to allow your kids to figure out some things, take some risks, and try to do things in a completely new and unique way. Of course, the results may not maybe perfect. But it is their journey of trial, experiment, discovery, and error.
3. Build a Cool HousePlaying with LEGOs or building blocks is one of the best ways to raise creative kids. Building houses, cars, and other things help your child understand how they can turn little things into amazing things. These types of toys also allow them to use their imagination and think about the things they can build. Not to mention, when they create a car, a building, etc., it motivates them and broadens their imagination.
4. Allow Them to Be MessyIt’s important to allow your children to do their own little experiments, even if you already know they are going to fail. Besides that, you also need to allow them to be a bit messy. There is no harm if they throw bubbles on the porch, water on the kitchen counter, and do chalking on the outside wall. So, if the mess is not damaging any furniture and you can afford it, don’t stop them from using their creative skills.
5. Give Some Creativity TimeAs much as alone time is important, playing with your kids is also vital. Children look for inspiration before creating something new. When they look at their parents doing something unique, they will try to understand and build something new. For instance, when you paint with them and use different colors to create a new one, they will understand how they can create new colors. Later, your child may try to experiment with several colors to make a new shade. Hence, playing with your little one for some time is an ideal way to improve their creativity.
Bottom LineIn a nutshell, if you want to expand and foster your children’s creativity, then practice above mentioned ways to raise creative kids. Make sure to provide them the best toys like blocks, paints, and colors that help them to be artistic.
Get the Free Baby Weaning Guide!
JUST WHEN YOU FINALLY GET THE HANG OF NURSING, IT’S TIME TO WEAN YOUR BABY! INSTANTLY DOWNLOAD THE FREE BABY WEANING GUIDE, AND RECEIVE NURTURING TIPS & HACKS. THIS WILL HELP YOU TRANSITION, SMOOTHLY, FROM A 6 MONTH YEAR OLD NEWBORN, DRINKING ONLY LIQUIDS, TO A 1 YEAR OLD TODDLER, DIGESTING SOLIDS.